Ever since Blue Planet 2 the tide has been turning and your customers are starting to understand the impact we are having on the planet and choosing to buy from greener businesses.
More than ever they want to understand which businesses share the new vision and want to know what they are doing to support this especially the younger generation.
While there are many options to reduce costs such as led lighting, turning off computers at the end of the day and reducing printing, Win on Waste focuses on recycling projects; to assist in identifying solutions for local need which benefit the environment and local people.
Win on Waste can help both in guiding and sorting physical collections or simply advising on ways waste reduction can occur in the normal course of the day. All waste collections performed either support the charity itself or contribute to other others allowing them to benefit from what otherwise would be landfill or collected in kerbside recycling.
We have no doubt that you already contribute to local communities whether on a monetary basis or through your staff volunteering but hope you find some of the ideas useful. Please feel free to contact us to discuss further and please read on for ideas and examples
Simple Waste Reduction
- Milk bottle tops from making tea or coffee
- Coffee capsules or grounds
- Used pens
- Crisp packets
Specific Business Ideas
- Opticians – recycling trial packs of contact lenses and empty containers from your customers and collecting used and broken spectacle to be turned over to local charities.
- Pharmacies – medicine blister packs can be collected by pharmacies for recycling, and converted into charitable donations for a charity of your choice.
- Vets – used pet food pouches can be collected and recycled, with proceeds converted to charitable donations
- Dental Practices – Used toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes can be collected and recycled.